Did you earn a Master's degree or Ph.D from a top 200 university within the last three years? You could qualify for a Dutch residence permit to look for a job as a Highly Skilled Migrant.
The Dutch Highly Educated Migrant Search Year Visa gives recent graduates from internationally recognized universities the opportunity to live in the Netherlands for one year to find a job as a Highly Skilled Migrant.

The university must appear in the top 200 of the general ranking lists and the ranking lists by faculty or by subject field as published by the Times Higher Education SupplementJiao Tong Shanghai University, and the QS World University RankingsGraduates of Dutch universities are also eligible to apply even if they left the Netherlands after receiving their degree.  

The deadline to apply is no later than three years after your graduation. You have to be able to support yourself while you are here, but you don't need a work permit during the search year.

  • Successful applicants receive a residence permit for one year to find a job as a Highly Skilled Migrant with an IND-approved employer.  For 2017, the minimum gross monthly salary requirement is €2,272 euros (this amount is indexed for inflation every year).  

    Contact us for a free telephone consultation
    If you think you might qualify for the Highly Educated Migrant Search Year Visa, call us at +31 (0)20 262 2509 or send us an email at info@expatlaw.nl for a free evaluation.